Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
2014-2015 - Period 1 Honors Biology
Nobel Prize Winner
Independent Science Project Page
College and Career Skills
2013-2014 - Period 1 Standard Biology (archived)
2013-2014 - Period 2 Honors Biology - archived
Add "All Pages"
Monday, September 22, 2014
Identify the basic elements found in living things.
Understand the name, structure and examples of organic molecules (carbohydrates, lipids).
1) Pennies F. Assessment -
NOVA Science NOW Video Clip of Atoms
2) Discussion and
about the chemistry of life (Links to Lecture:
3) Formulating questions about molecules
Read and outline ch 2-3 up to lipids only*
*Students who scored 78% or below on quiz should take and do the review sheet
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Relate structure of organic molecules to function (carbohydrates, lipids).
1) "Molecules" F.A and HW Check
2) Quick Review of Vocab and Concepts
3) Structure of Molecules Discussion
Review yesterday's assignment in light of information shared today. Write a 1 paragraph summarizer for the question:
What characteristics of the atom of carbon allow it to have such a flexible structure? How does this contribute to its function? Give examples from the reading and notes.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Identify the source of carbohydrates in the diet of animals
Describe the consequences of indigestible foods on digestion and the environment
Relate the structure of carbohydrates to the function
1) Hand in HW and Read Part I - Of cows and carbs, Complete the questions 1-4 on back
2) Review responses through class dialogue/participation
3) Part II - Label Analysis
Finish the questions from today's Part II - Label Analysis Worksheet
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Identify and describe the characteristics of Carbohydrates as organic molecules.
Identify and describe the characteristics of Lipids as organic molecules.
Carry out Unit Conversions
1) Multiple Choice F.A. Questions
2) Review HW Questions from Part II - Label Worksheet
3) Review of characteristics of carbon paragraph w/writing suggestions
How much are you worth?
" Calculation Activity (Unit Conversions)
Study for quiz on elements found in living things, characteristics of Carbon, Organic Molecules, Valence Electrons, Carbohydrates, Simple Sugars, Complex Carbohydrates
Friday, September 26, 2014
- Assess understanding of elements found in living things, characteristics of carbon, organic molecules, valence electrons, carbohydrates, simple sugars, complex carbohydrates
- Get Practical Experience with a Lab Activity
Quiz on Ch 2-3 Vocab and Concepts
Finish How much are you worth?
Laboratory Activity: Tiny Bubbles
On-Line Enrichment Assignment: EXPLORE:
Glow in the Dark Water
, Take pictures and web video explaining some of the science behind it and get some Earned Time Credit!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"